Friday, July 27, 2012

Roller Derby and Trips

This past Summer I was on the Road a lot and with the need to keep my legs in shape and prepare myself for the Roller Derby Minimal Skills Test I asked Roller Derby Teams from the areas I was staying in If I could practice with them. In the pictures I have posted are two beautiful ladies from The Louisiana Swamp Dolls who I was able to practice with. The Swamp Dolls are out of the Pearl River area. They split their practices between Slidell Louisiana and Picayune Mississippi. While I was with them we practiced at my old skating home, Skater's Paradise. The Rink had changed drastically due to Hurricane Katrina but it felt like coming home. The pictures were taken at a double header bout in New Orleans where the Swamp Dolls took on the Crescent Wenches. It was so much fun to watch and learn from! If you are interested in Roller Derby simply google roller derby for your area. You might be surprised to find you have one near by. You don't have to be able to skate already or have skated in a long time. I had not skated in over 15 years and was on the carpet my first night! I am now apart of team and can do so many wonderful things on my skates now! Look into it! It is awesome and you will always have a group to skate with no matter where you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment